Saturday, December 20, 2008

In loo of writings on the walls

We've all heard of loo writings, haven't we? It can be pretty amusing at times, and sometimes plain offensive stuff written on the walls and doors of public toilets.

My dad once told me about a public toilet he went to when he was in Canada. While in the loo, he saw the following limerick on the wall: "Here I sit, broken hearted; Paid a dime, but only farted!"

Stuff like this in hostels can be amusing too. The loo on my floor in my college hostel had a few such poems written in chalk on the doors and walls, though I don't really remember what they said.

The cake, however goes to a loo in the MNREC hostel in Allahabad; that was the college my elder brother went to. The moment you closed the door of the toilet and sat down, you'd see - "You are about to witness a tennis match. Look Left." You'd look at the left wall and see - "Look Right."

You'd then look at the right wall and see the words: "Look Left. "

3 comments:

Saager Mhatre said...

Hehe! Nice one. But, which one gets the cherry? :P

Kaustuv said...

heh.. yet to come across that one!

Anoop said...

This was on a poster in a loo.. "Ladies!!Please remain seated during the entire show".
Another was,"Men... please stand close..its not as long as it seems!!"