Thursday, September 04, 2008

Throwing the mind back, and a little forth..

Here we are again, what.. after yet another long gap of pure laziness, or lack of time to sit and tap in a few words into this little blog of mine, I finally drag my ass down in front of laz's vaio to sit and tap a few words into this little blog of mine :)

Not that I have anything to write about though, life has been quite hectic at work.. what with people getting others to do something for them for 6 gruelling months, and at the end of those 6 months, it turns out they have very little clue of what they want in the first place! :P The day and sometimes a lot of the night usually passes off listening to all sorts of songs on the player in my phone and setting different by-lines in my gmail chat thing :D those who know me decently well enough know that those bylines are just lines from some song I'm listening to at that moment, and that i like at the moment! Well, now you know too, since you just read this! :)

During the monsoon and in fact just before it as well, Naren and I (and laz on one occasion) decided to just leg it from the city and speed off on our respective bikes to some incredibly scenic places in and around Pune.. An apart from being incredibly scenic, the rides were simply amazing; mostly consisting of miles and miles of flawless road, cool breeze flapping at our jackets at seventy to ninety kms per hour, smooth and lovely curves on the ghats that lie en route, and also coming to realize how much my bike loves corners! :) Did a trip to Mulshi, Lavasa and Malshej ghats recently.. I've also put up the pics in my orkut album, so do click your way to my album there!

Still a few places I really want to bike off to, for starters I'd like to find out how much my bike loves the sea side and maybe some arabian sea water too! Naren and friend of ours did such a trip while i was away in coorg for a long weekend, where i was either doing absolutely nothing, or was playing the banjo with the bro and ze boud and joni, of course.. amid some good stuff and some simply delicious plates of coorg special pork!

Coming back to places to roar off too, there's matheran too which my insides are moaning out to go to.. Laz and naren have already been there in the middle of the monsoon.. i don't quite remember what i was doing that weekend, though :( I couldn't have been having that much fun i guess, since i don't remember!! ) In any case, I've heard Matheran is at its best in the winter, and that isn't too far awa, yaay!! So hello greenery/mules/ponies and fresh air; here I come!! :D

So much for now, the eyelids are begining to stick to each other as if they've seen the fevicol ad, and are making a strong statement to me about hitting the sack for a few hours of (hopefully) dreamless bliss! Am slowly building myself up to come up with a ranting post about traffic in pune, with stuff hinting at what i think of most of these blighters on the streets these days! hehe..

Watch this space (if you have the patience!! )

2 comments:

Saager Mhatre said...

So who's ordering you around these days? <godfather-ishtyle> If they give you too much pain, you come to me; I take the care of then for good </godfather-ishtyle>

Nice to see that the 160's getting some serious mileage.

Good to hear from you man; you still at CG?

Kaustuv said...

hello sir! good to hear from you after so long.. yup, i'm still at cg.. how're things at thoughtworks?